Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Davao : The Top 9

1) Let's see -- the first time I flew to Davao, I was by myself. The second time was a whirldwind weekend with my best friend. The third time? With my cousin M, her parents, her sister Icy and my lola. From a secret sojourn, to a crazy, heady girl-bonding trip, to an official, family event. Here is my cousin M, we are on our way to Eden Nature Park, and it's pretty much all smiles from here onward.


2) Swinging By - the crazy-swing-thing was the highlight of my Eden experience.


3) They got to go fishing at Eden, but I was "kapuy" from the long trek to find the waterfall. I hate hiking but I always end up doing it on trips. I don't see the point really. You can't enjoy the view because you're too busy trying not to slip or fall, and the upward climbs make me gasp and leave my knees weak. Hehe. I'm such a Debbie Downer.



4) We stayed at the Waterfront Insular Hotel, which beats Marco Polo any day, for its rugged,relaxed vibe.


5) I love my lola. She's one of those people from the old world when politically correct had not been invented yet. "Bakit ang taba mo na?" "Bobo ang mga tauhan mo." "Diba patay na asawa mo?" ("Ha? Hindi, nasa farm lang.")

6) M's boyfriend owns the legendary Molave restaurant located behind the Ateneo de Davao. And boy did we eat a lot. Every two hours we'd be stuffing ourselves with Davao's finest food. The Molave's greaseless chicken, tuna and crispy buntot at MarinaTuna, goto and arrozcaldo at the famous Dencia's, and pizza at Pizzaiolo.

7) A lazy Sunday afternoon at the beach. One of the things I marvel about Davao is that the beach, is just 30 minutes away from the city! Imagine having that option to go to the beach every single day.


8) She's crazy and silly , she wants me to dress up as a wood nymph for her grand day. She's also one of my two favorite reasons for going to Davao.











9) Davao always leaves me dazed and happy and heady. And I always leave a part of me behind as I fly back home.

No comments: