Monday, August 9, 2010

Sleight Of Brands and Twist of Feet

Right before going off to Erika's surprise despedida, I missed a step on the stairs going down Mia's house. Twisted my ankle.

We didn't get to talk much, the night was strange like that. Maybe it was the big round table at Zong, which discouraged across-the-diameter conversation?


I'm going to miss Erika, and how she'd say things like, "Victoria's Secret? That's what launched the career of Noemi Campbell right?"


Mia and I nearly died laughing. NOEMI?
Pinoy na pinoy.

And when Erika asked "What's a good brand for jeans, 7 in Rockwell?

Us: "Wowwww. Clazzzz."

Erika: "Levi's doesn't fit me well."

So we suggested, Freego. And Bunny Jeans. Blowing Bubbles. Jean suggested Crissa. RR Jeans. BUM Equipment. Hahahaha. All these Department Store brands of our homogeneous childhood. The kids today -- with all the choices that globalization has brought -- will they have such collective memories as ours?

The twisted ankle formed a big ugly lump after I got home. So I've been hobbling, limping and walking abnormally for the better part of three days. The doctor recommended taking a sick leave today, but no way was I going to miss the House Launch.

No comments: