Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Post

Aside from Sofia Coppola's Lost In Translation, you know who else has referenced Wong Kar Wai?

The Goo-Goo Dolls. Last night,  I was watching their music video for "Slide," (1998) after years of not seeing it. I've always thought of that as my song ("Oh May, you wanna get married? Or run away?").

Look at this particular scene:


Such amazing likeness to Wong Kar Wai's Fallen Angels (1994). 


I feel giddy as if I'm the first person that's discovered it (which I'm sure, I'm not).

On a side note, wasn't the 90s just a splendid time? The music, the movies, the wistfulness, longing and exquisite heartbreak of that time in my life is still romantic and innocent. Like sitting next to someone you're head over heels in love with, and them not knowing.

No comments: